Sunday, October 11, 2015

Setting Goals



For years, I have struggled with goal setting.  Even after many years of teaching, I was hesitant to push myself to my next learning step.  But, why?  It took me a few more years to figure that out.  But when I did, I saw it loud and clear.  It was FAILURE.  I was afraid to fail.  If I set out to do something, if I set a goal, if I made a plan, and I couldn't do it...then I was a failure.  Right?  Wrong!

Goal setting is a powerful tool for making our visions a reality.  It is how we push ourselves to meet our full potential and cultivate the talents that each of us hold.  The most important step in attaining your goals is to allow yourself to fail!  Goals are meant to be achieved over a period of time, meaning we must try different paths, make mistakes, make changes, and make progress without giving up. Once we understand that our failures lead to future learning, then we truly can make our goals a reality.

Take the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment